Many of us have probably seen the videos online of the elaborate ways that parents tell their children that they are going on a Walt Disney World vacation. Some tape their child’s reaction as they reach that famous entry gate, others plan for a magical reveal at home. Surprise vacation announcements can be a fun part of your Disney Vacation planning process.
Here are some of my suggestions for a Magical Disney Vacation Announcement:
- Have a “Foods That Are Shaped Like Mickey” dinner theme. Arrange your dinner foods in the iconic Mickey ears shape and listen to Disney tunes as you dine. For dessert, bring out a cake with writing that announces your upcoming trip.
- Pick up your children from their activities or school with a car sign that reads, “We are going to Disney World!”
- Write and mail an invitation to Walt Disney World from your child’s favorite Disney character.
- Plan a treasure hunt in your backyard. Make a map with instructions and hide clues that will eventually communicate the big news.
- On a dry erase board, reveal one word a day;
- Order some personalized Mickey ears or customized t-shirt and leave them on the dining room table for a Good Morning surprise!
- If you want to make your announcement on the day of your trip, lay out a Disney Princess dress or pirate outfit and explain the occasion for the fancy dress up.
You can even plan your vacation announcements around birthdays, holidays and special family events. However you decide to make your announcement, be sure to capture the moment on video so that you can enjoy it for years to come!
Have you ever surprised your family with a magical vacation announcement?